Wednesday, August 8, 2007

#16 Wikis

I am amazed at what there is on the internet. As you can tell I'm basically a work only computer user. This has really enlightened me at the possibilities. These wiki sites work wonderfully for businesses, libraries etc. I can see their advantages to saving calls,e-mails and paper handling when work on a collaborative project

For my own personal use I liked the city wikis-giving me prior information on places I will be visiting (New Orleans site). I also enjoyed the booklovers wiki and will use in the future.

I have questions still to find answers too. Such as how do you find a wiki?(Is it simply a google search) Can you tell that information has been edited, besides the list of recent changes. It seems they should use different font or color type?

I am going to do more research and explore wikis on subjects I would be interested in

No comments: